Monday, July 21, 2008

Closing in on 2,000...

It has been a busy few weeks. I will keep it brief by starting with the addition of 154 picks donated since the last update. That brings the new total to 1,967 picks donated!

Let's start with Jimmy Buffett. The men in Mr. Buffett's crew were quite generous and promised a "care package" to be forwarded in the next couple of weeks. I cannot wait! All I was told was that it would contain "goodies" for the fundraiser. I gotta admit, I am as anxious as my 5-year-old is just before Christmas. At the show, though, I was given five picks by Dan. His comment as he gave them to me was great: We're in Wisconsin, so green and gold seem appropriate..."
An old friend of AVMT, Mr. JL donated three pair of drumsticks to auction off as well. One of each is shown here...

The boys from 3 Doors Down and Hinder made a donation of a combined 82 picks (40 from 3 Doors Down, 42 from hinder). Thanks to Chris, Matt, Todd & Judah from 3 Doors Down and Moose with Hinder. You may remember Moose from the previous record holding donation of over 300 Three Days Grace picks. Thanks to all of these wonderful men.




I dropped in to solicit donations at the Kittie / Dope concert recently and Joe from dope gladly donated 16 picks.
After his donation, he actually went and talked to the ladies in Kittie and asked them for a donation. Unfortunately they do not use custom picks, but I was told that they now want some so they can make a donation. That was good to hear and I hope that if I ever cross paths with the gals in Kittie again, I can take them up on their offer.
Finally, I collected most of the donation of picks made at Summerfest this year between June 26 and July 6. I was able to collect a total of 51 picks from various artists who stopped through and were gracious enough to drop a few in the collection boxes I left out. Unfortunately, I do not have any individual names to thank, but I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to any and all who took the time to read my donation request and drop a few picks into the boxes. Below are pictures of some of the picks donated.









No comments: