Saturday, January 26, 2008

A little ahead of myself

Well, I posted earlier updated totals taking into account last night's Velvet Revolver show donations. Lo and Behold! This afternoon, I went to my mailbox and no less than three separate envelopes arrived with a combined total of 64 additional picks. I have reached out to my pick-collecting network of friends and the response has been great. The unselfishness exhibited has been truly touching.

In fact, Ian Grushka - Bass player from the band New Found Glory - has been generous enough to donate 48 picks of his own and from his band mates. Each one I received is different and they are all pretty cool. Some are downright hilarious. Below are scans of just a sample of what Ian sent.






Also, I received donations from Carson and Sue from Michigan as well as Mike in Illinois. People who have opened their collections unselfishly and donated to the fundraiser. I want to express a special thank you to these three individual donors specifically because I have never met them face-to-face. They responded to the request of a virtual stranger and understood that the cause I am supporting is a worthy one deserving of their time and consideration. Thank you to Carson, Sue, Mike and Ian for setting precedent and hopefully raising the bar to motivate additional donations from other people across the country and around the world.

No comments: