Saturday, January 26, 2008

Overwhelming (in a good way)

I've got to say that the generosity exhibited so far for this fundraiser has exceeded my expectations. To date I have collected nearly 350 picks and have over $250 in pledges (not including incentives for reaching certain goals) - setting a pace for nearly 4,000 picks and $2,700 by the end of the drive. This is now my benchmark. I will be disappointed if I collect anything less.

Of course, it is depending on the word-of mouth I have started and that which anyone involved is keeping going. I am going to try in the next week or so reach out to some local media and get some broader exposure in order to amplify the pledges and donations. However, I am still counting on you - gentile reader - to spread the word. All the cool people are doing it. You want to be cool, too, don't you?

Speaking of cool, I worked the Velvet Revolver show last night and the guitar techs were tremendously generous with donating picks. I would like to thank them again for their help with the fundraiser. Below is a scan of some of the picks they gave...


Keep 'em coming and keep reading.

Thank you to everyone past, present and future who is getting involved in this cause.

- Chris

No comments: