Saturday, March 29, 2008

More generosity!

As usual, I don't know where to begin.

I want to start by noting that with this latest round of donations, I have broken the 900-pick mark in less than three months.

Of course when I say I broke the mark, it should go without saying that without all the tremendous support and donations, I would not be able to make this claim, so thank you to everyone who has helped me reach this mark so quickly!

This past friday, I worked with some great guys in the Seether and Three Days Grace crews this weekend and they were unbelievably generous. First, Scott with Seether (and the assistant stage manager - correct me if I am wrong in this title, Scott) donated eight Seether picks and seven other picks from his own collection to the fundraiser. Here are the Seether picks:



Scott also donated these picks from the bands Chevelle and Back in the Day:




Next, Moose donated TWO FULL BAGS of Three Days Grace picks to the fundraiser. I will be getting an official count on them later, as I am tired and lazy right now and I want to be sure I give Moose the proper credit for the amazingly generous donation. Here are the styles of the picks the man donated:


Finally, at least for this entry, I contacted the Queensryche website earlier this week and was immediately responded to with enthusiasm for the fundraiser. Literally within days of my request being received, I got seventeen different picks from the people in the Queensryche organization. Here they are:













In closing, I cannot thank Scott, Moose and the Queensryche people enough for their generosity and support in the cause. So far, I have exceeded my expectations in this drive, but I am not going to let that allow me to let up. I still have six months to go and I plan on making the most of it. Thank you for reading and keeping the fundraiser in your thoughts!
- Mesko

No comments: